Monday, February 7, 2011

The square of the hypotenuse is equal to...



...the sum of the square of the other two sides. Ah, don't you love geometry! Well, this little mouse has had it up to her round little ears already in three-dimensional geometry. As my husband puts it, solid geometry is visual, and not analytic. sigh At least he paused a moment to help me get the proper dimensions for the roof of the wee Lettie Lane Dollhouse.

As I'd mentioned, I was going to build it first from cardboard, and then attack the wood pile. Seems I'm having difficulty with my old Jarmac table saw, but I did (pat, pat, pat myself on the back) get the angles right to make the pyramid roof. Of course, last night's cardboard image you see in this photo does not have the basement on it. I only got to the point of creating the proportions of the rooms and floor of the house - enough to tackle the cardboard roof and beg for help from the inhouse mathematician.

I'm posting right away because I had a wonderful visit with my darling father-in-law on the phone today, and we were discussing my new project. I steered him to my blog so he could follow my progress and see the photos as the project continues. Ray is turning 90 next month and has been my dearest supporter in all my endeavors. So today's blog is in his honor so that he can see the Ladies' Home Journal page of the original Lettie Lane dollhouse, and see just what I'm trying to accomplish. More to come!

Love,
Miss E. Mouse


1 comment:

  1. I'm here on a 'catchup' visit, and so excited to see a dollhouse under construction :)

    ReplyDelete