Saturday, January 23, 2010

Welcome To My Little Hole in the Wall


I’ve finally decided to poke my nose outside my little hole in the wall and say hello! I’d like to invite you to take a journey with me as I continue to create one-of-a-kind Etrennes and heirloom doll accessories for the advanced collector. As a miniaturist and doll collector myself, I’ve been making beautiful works of art for several years now. I began doing so because I could not find what I sought for my own dolls.

Now you might ask, “What is an Etrennes?” Simply put, it’s a New Year’s Day gift tradition that hit the pinnacle of craftsmanship in Paris during the 1850’s. Luxury boutiques would offer exquisitely crafted and perfectly made miniatures for dolls, and other such fascinations as mechanical toys and wondrous playthings. It is from these expert craftsmen that I gain inspiration and drive to offer such things of beauty for your dolls. Next you may ask, “How do you pronounce it?” Ah-tren, like “then”.

When I sit here struggling over just the right way to do something, I often ask myself, “Why I do this?” The answer is easy…because I can. And, I love it.

Friends and customers often asked if I had a website, to which I would reply “no” to their disappointment. Technology often scares me off, but finally, FINALLY, I did create a website the first of this year and I’d like to invite you to view it at www.zhibit.org/houseofmissymouse

Next was to create a blog so you could follow my creative process and get to know me a little.

Please join me on a new adventure as I continue to create these lovely Etrennes, and try not to pull my whiskers out doing so!

Love,
Miss E. Mouse

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, dear Melissa, on beginning a blog. Blogs are such fun! I love them. I love your little mouse. My hubby calls me his house mouse. Tee...hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land Melissa, so nice to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your site and blog. Your work is lovely and loving. Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete